Understanding Lasik Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a simple, safe, and painless procedure that corrects your vision using advanced laser technology. Since 1995, this procedure has been performed over 20 million times and is an effective alternative to prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses. Furthermore, LASIK eye surgery is even safer and far more professional due to our city’s world renowned physicians and medical district.
LASIK consists of two main steps. First, a thin flap of corneal tissue is created either by a highly specialized instrument known as a microkeratome or by a laser light source. This thin flap is then lifted like a contact lens and a laser light is used to reshape the outer areas of the cornea. The flap is then laid back to its original position, and its newly formed curvature properly refocuses light without the use of eyeglasses or contacts.
The procedure only takes 10-15 minutes, and most patients are able to drive and return to work the very next day. Whether you are nearsighted, farsighted, or struggling with astigmatism, have peace of mind you’ll receive the freedom of clearer vision with LASIK eye surgery.
It’s safe & painless
LASIK eye surgery is not only commonplace and effective, it is a safe procedure with a minimal risk of complications.
You Won’t Lose Your Eyesight
- The FDA has never reported a case where a patient has lost their eyesight due to a LASIK procedure
No Pain Involved
- LASIK eye surgery is a painless procedure. Most patients only feel a few moments of slight pressure
- Our innovative bladeless LASIK procedure ensures even fewer complications due to our advanced laser technology
- All of our LASIK patients have experienced drastic visual improvements
Compared to the amount people spend on contact lenses and/or eyeglasses over a lifetime, laser eye surgery is a worthy investment. Excluding exam fees, each new pair of glasses can cost up to $150 – $500, which can accumulate to $2,500 over 10 years. For contacts, people can spend up to $250 – $300 during a single year, which comes out to $2,500 – $3,000 over 10 years. Click here to learn more about how LASIK eye surgery can grant you financial freedom from glasses and/or contacts.
Dr. Fred Mattioli has performed over 40,000 LASIK eye surgery procedures in Houston throughout his lengthy career and is board-certified by the American Board of Physician Specialties in Ophthalmology. Our staff is also dedicated to providing a more personal experience to ensure you receive the exceptional care you deserve. After all, your eyes are the windows to your world.
In addition to our extraordinary staff, here are a few other reasons to choose Mattioli Vision Professionals:
- Dr. Mattioli is fluent in Spanish
- State-of-the-art technology
- We accept most major insurance plans
- We provide practical treatments for cataracts, glaucoma, and other diabetes-related complications and conditions
- We also specialize in cataracts surgery, PhotoRefractive Keratectomy (PRK), permanent corrective lens implants, corneal cross-linking therapy for keratoconus, and much more